Crash game inverted fuel tank after undo
Fresh install, unmodded, new sandbox game, version 126.96.36.19945 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us / 1.6.0 Breaking Ground.
Game crashes instantly after the following occurs while within either the VAB or the SPH:
- New vehicle.
- Select Mk1 Command Pod to place it as origin component.
- Attach a TD-12 Decoupler to the bottom node of the pod.
- Attach a C7 Brand Adapter - 2.5m to 1.25m fuel tank in default orientation to the bottom node of the decoupler.
- Click on the placed fuel tank to "hold" it.
- Press Ctrl-Z to replace the fuel tank.
- Flip the held fuel tank upside down by tapping the W key twice.
- Place the held fuel tank on the bottom node of the replaced fuel tank.
This has also occured with the Kerbodyne ADTP-2-3 fuel tank. I have not tried every fuel tank, nor every game mode besides sandbox. On the KSP Community forum I have replies from others stating that other parts are also creating this bug, and that the issue is probably related to a stack overflow.
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I cannot repro the crash, but I do see the stack overflow, and that's good enough for me
[EXC 12:53:20.121] StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
VesselDeltaV.ProcessDecouplePartInfoChildren (DeltaVPartInfo partInfoItem, VesselDeltaV+PartStageComparisonOperator comparisonOp, System.Int32 decoupleStage, System.Int32 activationStage, System.Boolean bypassFairings, System.Boolean bypassJettison, System.Boolean setToParentDecoupleStage) (at <e01dfdcb653e4f51847a8867fca51c09>:0)