Wheels Sliding Across the Mun (1.9.0) Multiple Wheel Types
Originally took this video with some quality of life mods installed. I deleted them all and the same happens (I understand that is not a fresh install). When I switch to this craft (haven't tried others) it just slides across the Mun. This craft is originally from 1.8.1 without any non-stock parts. I was unable to get it under control and ended up in the canyon with no way to get out. The usual fiddling with suspension settings didn't work either.
build id = 02781
Win 10 Pro
#1 Updated by Anth12 about 1 year ago
- File 1_7_3 XL3.sfs 1_7_3 XL3.sfs added
- File Friction 1.8.1.png Friction 1.8.1.png added
- File Friction 1.9.0.png Friction 1.9.0.png added
- Subject changed from Wheels Sliding Across the Mun (1.9.0) to Wheels Sliding Across the Mun (1.9.0) XL3 wheels
- Category changed from Bug Tracker to Physics
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
Friction is the problem
In 1.7.3+1.8.1 the friction is set to 8.2 automatically
In 1.9.0 the friction is set to 0.25 automatically
Screenshots will show difference in the automatic settings.
Work Around: I increased the friction in 1.9.0 and the rover stopped sliding.
How to test: Use 1_7_3 XL3.sfs
#2 Updated by Anth12 about 1 year ago
- File 1_7_3 3 Wheel Types.sfs 1_7_3 3 Wheel Types.sfs added
- Subject changed from Wheels Sliding Across the Mun (1.9.0) XL3 wheels to Wheels Sliding Across the Mun (1.9.0) Multiple Wheel Types
I thought this was a bug report for only the XL3 wheels.
Added 1_7_3 3 Wheel Types.sfs to show that the friction has been changed for multiple wheel types for 1.9.0 to 0.25 from higher numbers