Project

General

Profile

Bug #25676

Wrong alpha channels on the fairing base parts.

Added by dok_377 11 months ago. Updated 5 months ago.

Status:
Resolved
Severity:
Low
Assignee:
Category:
Parts
Target version:
Start date:
07/02/2020
% Done:

100%

Version:
Platform:
Windows
Expansion:
Core Game
Language:
English (US)
Mod Related:
No
Votes:
Arrow u r green
Arrow d r red

Description

As I said in the forum section, the fairing base parts have wrong alpha channels that contain a different language. And the texture itself is wrong on some variants, it looks like it was just straight up copied from the other variants. I don't think you can even see that in the game, but it's wrong nonetheless.

Affected textures:
FairingBase_goldDiffuse
FairingBase_goldSpecular
FairingBase_silverDiffuse
FairingBase_silverSpecular

There's also a file named FairingBase_black.png, I don't think it's even supposed to be there. Looks like a template for textures.

It would also be good if you could rotate the text on the texture 90 degrees counterclockwise (it's that due to the DDS format, on my screenshot it actually rotated clockwise), because in the game the part has its text rotated off-axis when the fairing is placed. It's annoying, to say the least.

2020-07-02_145402.png (240 KB) 2020-07-02_145402.png dok_377, 07/02/2020 12:03 PM
2020-07-02_145421.png (238 KB) 2020-07-02_145421.png dok_377, 07/02/2020 12:03 PM
2020-07-02_145415.png (83.4 KB) 2020-07-02_145415.png dok_377, 07/02/2020 12:04 PM
2020-07-02_145427.png (85.2 KB) 2020-07-02_145427.png dok_377, 07/02/2020 12:04 PM
2020-07-02_150103.png (2.69 MB) 2020-07-02_150103.png dok_377, 07/02/2020 12:16 PM
53331
53332
53333
53334
53335

History

#2 Updated by just_jim 10 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Confirmed
  • Assignee set to just_jim
  • % Done changed from 0 to 10

#3 Updated by just_jim 9 months ago

  • Status changed from Confirmed to Being Worked On
  • % Done changed from 10 to 30

#4 Updated by just_jim 9 months ago

  • Status changed from Being Worked On to Ready to Test
  • Target version set to 1.10.1
  • % Done changed from 30 to 80

We've made some more changes in this latest 1.10.1 version and would like some feedback on this issue. Thanks.

#5 Updated by dok_377 9 months ago

  • Status changed from Ready to Test to Not Fixed
  • % Done changed from 80 to 50

#6 Updated by victorr 5 months ago

  • Status changed from Not Fixed to Ready to Test
  • Target version changed from 1.10.1 to 1.11.0
  • % Done changed from 50 to 80

We've made some changes to the game in this latest version and would like to have some feedback on this issue. Thanks.

#7 Updated by dok_377 5 months ago

  • Status changed from Ready to Test to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 80 to 100

Also available in: Atom PDF