(MH) RoveMax M1-F Rover wheels when in folded mode in 1.8.1 will blow and and fall into the terrain
1.7.3 (no mods)
1.8.1 (no mods)
While testing another bug I found the following for the RoveMax M1-F Rover wheels:
1. If the wheels are folded in 1.7.3 and then saved (F5) and then loaded again (F9) the rover doesn't fall into the terrain/get destroyed
2. If the wheels were folded in 1.7.3 and then saved and then the same quicksave is loaded in 1.8.1 the rover doesnt fall into the terrain/get destroyed but if the wheels are deployed then folded again within 1.8.1 it will fall into the terrain/get destroyed.
3. If the wheels are folded in 1.8.1 and then saved (F5) and then loaded again (F9) the rover falls into the terrain
#1 Updated by Anth12 over 1 year ago
- File Error Type 1.png Error Type 1.png added
- File Error type 2.png Error type 2.png added
- File KSP log error type 1.log KSP log error type 1.log added
- File KSP log error type 2.log KSP log error type 2.log added
Two types of errors happen, as per the screenshots
Log files are supplied
#2 Updated by abc over 1 year ago
I'm not seeing it happen much, trying it with a M1-F version of a space center science rover I recently used to deploy science around KSC. When I deplyed that science (in the first of the three central green areas not part of any section closest to the SPH) it was deployed maybe 1/5 of the units under ground. Going back to check that area to test M1-F wheel retraction I noticed that they are now on the ground. I tried retracting the wheels in a few places around KSC and it slightly levitated but did not go under ground. The only time I saw it go underground is the top of the wheel after flipping the rover going too fast around a curve. I tested the science deploy again next to the others and this time they were levitating a bit, as were the previous ones (that I hadn't noticed driving by). The kerbals also levitated slightly; I didn't notice them sinking the last time but maybe they did. It seems like something is changing where is considered ground level and not just restricted to this part.
- File screenshot162.png screenshot162.png added
- Status changed from Ready to Test to Not Fixed
- % Done changed from 80 to 50
Ok to explain this:
1. If I load the quicksave I supplied with this on 1.10.0 it is all good.
2. If I load the quicksave and then extend and retract the screen/rover starts shaking and if I try to quicksave it complains with "Cannot Quicksave while about to crash"
Nearly there guys, but not quite.