Thrust Limit is not capped with KAL-1000 Controller
Description: KAL-1000 Controller can give engines negative or excessive thrust
Steps to Replicate:
1) Make a craft with some form of control, an engine (and fuel tank if required), and a KAL-1000 controller
2) Under action groups, assign thrust limit to the controller
3) Drag nodes until the curve goes outside the box, above for excessive thrust, below for negative
4) Launch the craft and make sure that the KAL-1000 controller is in a region that goes outside the allotted space
Expected: Engine will stop thrusting/reach max thrust with curve goes below or above the editor respectively
Result/Observed: Engine will either produce more thrust than it is normally capable of, 0 but generate fuel, or negative thrust with no other effects.
#3 Updated by victorr about 13 hours ago
- File Overpowered Engine at 128173 percent thrust limit.png Overpowered Engine at 128173 percent thrust limit.png added
- File Nodes can make lines go out of bounds..png Nodes can make lines go out of bounds..png added
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
The bug is pretty fun to play with. You can probably make a ship violate the rocket equation.