VAB Duplicate Part Memory Leak
Using the VAB as regular to edit large craft results in a large memory leak, requiring a full restart of the game every 30 minutes or so if I'm working quickly. I believe I've tracked down at least part of the issue to the part duplication function.Replication:
- Build a large craft
- Use the mod+left click key to duplicate most of it
- Throw it in the part pane (delete it)
- Do this a few more times, and the RAM usage will skyrocket
- The Private Memory values listed here were obtained via Process Hacker 2, as the Windows Task Manager's RAM reporting is frequently incomplete.
- This is not cleared by simply exiting to the main menu. A full closure of the game is required to fix this.
- On Game Launch, I'm using 2.92 GB private memory for KSP.
- I did not test this with the Spaceplane Hanger.
- The ingame memory reading under "performance" in the debug console does not show these RAM changes nearly as bad as they are (Private memory went from 2.97 GB to 4.59 GB, and ingame reserved went from 1246 mb to 1440 mb (both taken in the main menu, with the second one being after I preformed the glitch and left for the main menu)
- Simply entering a save and returning from it increases Private Bytes to 3.26 GB in the main menu (again, does not effect the ingame memory reporting, and does not stack, fortunately).
OS: Windows 10, version 1809
RAM: 16 GB, x64
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (Radeon Vega Graphics)
#4 Updated by Anth12 over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Ready to Test to Not Fixed
- % Done changed from 80 to 50
No. I can still get the memory to climb by doing this in the VAB or the SPH,
Also a side effect is then when exiting the game in 1.8.0 it can take quite sometime to correctly end the game application