Testing contract generating duplicated contract failure right after accepting the contract
I'm running KSP on macOS 10.14.4
When playing a new career mode game in a fresh install of 1.7.0, a contract failed right after I accepted it. I am not sure if it failed immediately or after a few seconds, because I first noticed it after entering the VAB.
I don't know if this was because the contract had a short deadline or something else.
The contract was for testing the RT-10 "Hammer" Solid Fuel Booster at the Launch Site.
The contract failed message says "Test No situation report available"
Attached are the player.log and a zip with the save game folder.
- File screenshot1643.png screenshot1643.png added
- File screenshot1644.png screenshot1644.png added
- File screenshot1645.png screenshot1645.png added
- File screenshot1646.png screenshot1646.png added
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Platform Linux added
- Expansion deleted (
I've gotten this as well, it seems like sometimes test contracts generate failures immediately, but are still completable. Both contracts showing failures show identical successes, and I know I only accepted 1 of each. I remember noticing the failure messages on entering the VAB to create the crafts to complete them.
This is happening with both DLCs installed, although I think it's a problem with the core game, don't see how Making History could cause it.
#3 Updated by SuDmit about 1 month ago
- File Bug_reproduce.zip Bug_reproduce.zip added
- File screenshot61.png screenshot61.png added
- File screenshot62.png screenshot62.png added
- File screenshot64.png screenshot64.png added
- Platform Windows added
Sorry for possibly bad english, this is not my native language.
I reproduced this bug on Windows 7 x64.
Game version 1.7.3, clean (absolutely no mods) Steam install, no DLC.
Game generates contracts for old variants of reskinned parts (1.7.0 update), hidden from player using parameter
category = none and had additional flag
TechHidden = true
After these contracts are accepted, probably when scene changes, game checks for TechHidden flag and fails them.
1) for more comfortable search rename old parts' titles in format [OLD] defaultTitle, e.g.
[OLD] RT-10 "Hammer" Solid Fuel Booster //#autoLOC...
2a) start new career and complete default "Launch our first vessel!" contract
2b) or just continue existing career
3) decline new offered contracts until getting one with the [OLD] tag
4) accept contract
5) make quicksave (not necessary for reproducing, but useful for further checks)
6) go to VAB, SPH, Tracking Station or just reload quicksave
7) get contract instantly failed
Special check for line:
8) exit game
9) comment line //
TechHidden = true in old parts' files or set it to the
10) start game and load the quicksave created on the 5th step
11) not get contract instantly failed
This contract is still impossible to complete, because of the line
category = none, that does not allow part to appear in the Editor. If valid value is set e.g.
category = Engine, contract becomes available to perform. Of course that is not needed, there are revamped parts for playing with.
Looks like the game doesn't check parts' value
TechHidden during contract generation, so that check can be added. An alternative way is to remove
MODULE[ModuleTestSubject] from old parts to prevent contract generation for them.