landing gear kick back when fully compressed (Please update to 1.6.)
1) Start the scenario "Exploring Gilly"
2) switch to the larger craft 'JulesVerne'
3) hold A and S to tip the craft 30° onto one leg
4) let the craft stabilize, the strut auto-adjusts to hold the weight
5) hold W and D to tip the craft in 30° in the opposite direction
The new landing leg had been unloaded, and seems to have spring and damper adjusted downwards.
The momentum of the craft rotating onto the leg compresses it fully, and when it hits the stop the leg kicks back enough to launch the craft 10m/s
I do not think anyone is having difficulty landing on Gilly; the light gravity merely makes strange behavior slower and easier to see. The user annoyance from this would be if it is a mechanism for the jittery style of wheel bouncing.
The configuration useAutoBoost=false removes the kick, and was also helpful with a real users's jittery bouncing (see mod at https://github.com/pilnomi/KillBob)
#1 Updated by Anth12 about 2 months ago
- File Kick Back Bug Default.craft added
- File Landing Leg Kick Back Bug.sfs added
- File Kick Back Bug Work Around.craft added
- File Landing Leg Kick Back Work Around.sfs added
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
Issue Confirmed in first video:
Landing Leg Kick Back Bug.sfs and Kick Back Bug Default.craft were used for the first video.
Possible Work Around:
1. Limit the legs ranges to stop moving to maximum compression point somehow via code or colliders
2. Have some sort of deadzone like a steering wheel where the kickback would normally activate
Second Video shows a work around using the craft file: Kick Back Bug Work Around.craft
Landing Leg Kick Back Work Around.sfs was used for second video.