Request 6547: Bug report: Incorrect Burn Time Information (v. 1.5.1)
I believe I have found a bug where the burn time using the Puff monoprop thruster. If the only form of propulsion is the Puff monopropellant thruster is available and a maneuver node is set, the estimated time instantly goes to a constant value (different for different ships, but does not change with the ∆V of the maneuver) and the indicator for insufficient fuel is shown. If both Puff and another thruster is present, the ∆V from the Puff is ignored. Happens on crewed and robotic craft. All tests done without cheats and in sandbox mode.How to reproduce:
- Have a spacecraft with Puff thrusters and sufficient fuel
- Plan an maneuver node with non-zero ∆V required.
Happened on a fresh install with no mods (save file, four craft files, and a screen shot with each craft attached) as well as on install with Making History expansion
- Observed with and without the advanced staging indicator
- Observed with different kinds of tanks, numbers of thrusters, and with fuel lines and the presence or absence of liquid fuel
- Appears object independent in orbit around Kerbal.
(Also, there is a great deal of spacecraft wobble when using Puff engines under stock configuration, but that may be a feature.)
- File 1.5.1 Puff.png 1.5.1 Puff.png added
- File 1.5.1 Thud.png 1.5.1 Thud.png added
- File 1.6.1 Puff.png 1.6.1 Puff.png added
- File 1.6.1 Thud.png 1.6.1 Thud.png added
- Status changed from Ready to Test to Resolved
- % Done changed from 80 to 100
Testing with 1.5.1 and 1.6.1 shows this is fixed according to burn time.
The craft was in a 100,000 orbit and then the maneuver was to extend that out to 1,000,000
The craft had thuds and puffs. I tested it for both and they worked the same. I timed the actual burn time which was perfect.
Added screenshots to show changes between when the puffs were activated and the thuds were.
Also did testing with one engine configurations.