Seated Kerbals Not Ocluded In Cargo/Materials Bays/Fairings.
This is a bug that appeared in a previous version of KSP. As the title suggests Kerbals are no longer being occluded in cargo/materials bays/fairings and consequently producing huge amounts of drag and running the risk of exposure to re-entry heat.
Testing was done in 100% stock environment, no Mods. Windows 64.
I hope this bug can be fixed soon as it isn't ideal for my SSTO designs!
#1 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org over 1 year ago
- File Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 5.32.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 5.32.00 PM.png added
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- Platform OSX added
I have found this same bug in my 1.4.2 OSX steam game.
Each kerbal is in a command char sitting on a cubic octagonal strut inside their respective cargo bays.
#5 Updated by email@example.com over 1 year ago
A duplicate report using version 1.4.3 exists
So even if Squad staff filter by reported-in version, this will be found.
I started a thread to collect what information users might have, at
#7 Updated by firstname.lastname@example.org about 1 year ago
What steps are required to demonstrate that the bug is fixed? If I
1) Install a fresh KSP 1.4.4
2) Download the craft file in the report
3) Separate the fairing-deploy from the engine-fire staging
4) Enable display of part-drag in the debug menu
4) EVA each Kerbal, walk them to one of the EAS-1 seats
5) Close the cargo bays
6) Stage engines
then I see the same results as in the original report, except that the Kerbal in the Mk3 cargo bay shows no drag (seen in screenshot12.jpg attached)
I can feel the drag when flying Fourfa's example craft.
On the user forum, I speculated that, after loading a Kerbal into the chair and closing the bay, an F5 quicksave / F9 quickload would give the desired behavior.