Plasma shock effects visible through craft and otherwise weird
Very likely related to previous issue, the effects are rendering in front of the craft incorrectly.
#4 Updated by Squelch about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Ready to Test
- Target version set to 1.4.1
- % Done changed from 10 to 80
- Expansion Core Game added
Improvements have been made to the aero and re-entry effects. Please could you retest in 1.4.1?
System and OS specs are important in diagnosing this problem, so please could these be supplied along with a copy of Player.log where the GPU capabilities are recorded?
#5 Updated by Nebbie about 3 years ago
- File Player.log Player.log added
- File screenshot568.png screenshot568.png added
- File screenshot571.png screenshot571.png added
- File screenshot573.png screenshot573.png added
Recreated approximate test conditions in 1.4.1, same return vehicle except I forgot the solar panels and low amount of chutes. Player.log and some screenshots attached (third one I accidentally pressed F2 with, it's a bit later right as the effects were dissipating).
I've seen this visible-through-craft behavior on other craft, it's just much more noticible with the Hitchhiker's Can because of the little edge handles creating concentrated glows.
#8 Updated by Electrocutor about 3 years ago
- This affects all platforms
- This affects all supported graphics APIs: DX9 & OpenGL
- This affects both re-entry and super-sonic effects
- I would suggest that this is also related to the same two effects randomly wigging out depending on camera-angle and zoom-amount, as well as both effects completely disappearing when zoomed further out.
- I have not yet found anyone who does not experience this issue.
#12 Updated by Anth12 about 2 years ago
- File 1.4.1 Issue.png 1.4.1 Issue.png added
- File 1.5.1 Effects Fixed.png 1.5.1 Effects Fixed.png added
- File Highlighting Heat Effects 1.6.1.png Highlighting Heat Effects 1.6.1.png added
- Status changed from Ready to Test to Needs Clarification
- % Done changed from 80 to 0
Ok...I remember this issue,
1. Picture in 1.4.1 to show the problem
2. Picture in 1.5.1 to show the problem resolved.
3. Picture in 1.6.1 to show problem resolved but also the highlighting issue.
The effects is fixed but there is a certain time in reentry where theres red highlighting which I dont believe is the same as the effects
Highlighting red ring is something else...correct?
I say its resolved but due to the red highlighting I have set this to Needs Clarification.