Space station contract: can not complete if station is built in orbit using EVA
It appears that launchID is set to 0 for parts placed during EVA.
This makes the contract treat them as too old, even if they were launched together with the vessel.
How to replicate:
1. Get a contract that requires you to build a new vessel (e.g. "Build a new orbital station" or "Build a new unmanned probe").
2. Launch a new vessel.
3. Add a part to this vessel during an EVA. (using a part launched in the same vessel) (e.g. a solar panel)
4. See that the vessel does not meet the contract parameters.
This invalidates the contract parameters even if they were satisfied at step (2), and even if the EVE-placed part is unrelated to the contract parameters.
220.127.116.1145 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us
1.11.0 Making History
1.6.0 Breaking Ground
A workaround is to edit the save file and change launchID of the relevant parts to the launchID of the vessel they are attached to.
I can think of two alternative fixes:
1) Set the launch id of the EVA parts at the time they are launched.
2) Set the launch id of the EVA parts at the time they are first attached to a vessel.
(1) makes the contract more strict (requires a brand-new part launched from Kerbin) while (2) is more permissive: lets you use a stockpile of never-used parts that you already have in space.