Problems with how RCS actuation toggles work when changing control points.
Steam KSP 1.6.0 + MH 1.6.0
The following 2 screenshots has a craft with:
1 OKTO2 at the end of the longest length
1 OKTO2 at the side
1 Place-Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Port at the Fore
1 Place-Anywhere 7 Linear RCS Port at the Aft
I have disabled all of the actuation toggles except for the Fore and Aft.
Craft file plus a quicksave is attached for testing
How to reproduce:
For first screenshot:
1. Turn on RCS
2. Set OKTO2 at the end of the longest length to 'control from here'
3. Use H and N to see that Fore and Aft are working.
For second screenshot
1. Turn on RCS
2. Set OKTO2 on the side to 'control from here'
3. Use J and L to see that Port and Starboard arent Working.
Work around: to have both Fore/Aft and Port/Stbd on.
Possible ways to fix the problem:
1. On a standard ship/boat Port and Starboard would never change regardless of its control point. Port is always Port, Starboard is always Starboard etc
So the suggestion is to have one of the control points have a setting that reflects its permanent placement of where Fore/Aft + Port/Starboard + Ventral/Dorsal is.
2. Have the RCS toggles automatically change according to the orientation change.
So in the actual action menu you would see either Fore/Aft change to Port/Stbd and maintain the toggle to ON when orientation changes or
Have Fore/Aft turn off and Port/Stbd turn on when orientation changes.
this issue works the same for dorsal/ventral.