1.25m Parts - Inconsistent part widths (fuel tanks, Mk1-3 pod, nose cones, Mk-16XL chute etc.)
There seems to be large inconsistencies around the widths of parts at the 1.25m connection points.
- The newly 1.5.0 revamped fuel tanks and 1.6.0 adapters seem to be exactly 1.25m.
- The top of Mk1-3 Pod and Docking Ports seem to be smaller than 1.25m.
- The Mk1-3 Pod top attach node seems to be offset too high but Mk16-XL chute node point has been offset too low to account for this.
There are many inconsistencies which cause aligment issues when building crafts at this 1.25m, Size 1 part range. It would be more appropriate to ensure that all standardised diameters are adhered to when designing to parts to avoid these clear issues, most evident when placing the newly revamped 1.25m Aerodynamic Nose Cone onto the top of the Mk1-3 Command Pod.
- File screenshot641.png View added
- File screenshot642.png View added
- File screenshot643.png View added
- File screenshot644.png View added
- File screenshot645.png View added
- File screenshot646.png View added
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- Platform Linux added
To elaborate on this, it looks like the Mk1-3 pod, 1.25m docking port, and top-mount parachutes all belong to a class of parts with a slightly narrower idea of what a 1.25m atttachment node looks like, and they are the odd ones out. I've attached several examples showing what parts match and don't match others.