Plasma shock effects massively oversized, and thus low quality, with heatshield
Maybe the large size is intentional, but at that scale the effect looks rather bad because of the spacing between instances of the effect.
#2 Updated by Squelch about 3 years ago
- Status changed from Confirmed to Ready to Test
- Target version set to 1.4.1
- % Done changed from 10 to 80
- Expansion Core Game added
Please could you provide some system and OS specs please? Player.log includes the GPU capabilities which is important in diagnosing this problem.
Further improvements have been made since this report, so could you please retest in 1.4.1?
#3 Updated by Nebbie about 3 years ago
- File Player.log Player.log added
- File screenshot526.png screenshot526.png added
- File screenshot527.png screenshot527.png added
- File screenshot531.png screenshot531.png added
- File screenshot535.png screenshot535.png added
- File screenshot542.png screenshot542.png added
- File screenshot543.png screenshot543.png added
- File screenshot549.png screenshot549.png added
- File screenshot550.png screenshot550.png added
- File screenshot558.png screenshot558.png added
Oh, sorry for not noticing the request for retesting earlier. Recreated the approximate conditions of the test in 1.4.1 (same same return vehicle, returning from Mun free-return flyby; there's some extra mods installed but none of them touch aero fx. As you can see from the screenshots (which mainly show the worst angles/zoom level), same result.
The return vehicle by the way is a Mk1 Command Pod with two Mystery Goo containers on the sides, the usual parachute+drogues, barometer+thermometer, and most importantly, a science Jr. between the pod and the heatshield; I think something about the science Jr.'s geometry makes this worse, since the effects are a bit more normal on other craft.