Surface of Spaceport disappears
When I start a rocket on the launchpad, everything is fine. All objects have been loaded, all textures have been applied.
As soon as this rocket crashes (if any parts are accelerating into others) and I restart the flight, the surface
of the planet is gone. There's just a blue/black circle where the ground should be.
The model of the launchpad and other buildings still exist, but I am not even able to land on the invisible surface (I just explode).
This bug is known to me from 0.18.4 to today.
#1 Updated by Mr_Orion almost 8 years ago
I've noticed this elsewhere, but we really need a reproducible test case in order to confirm it, otherwise it's useless. If you can find a set of instructions and a .craft file that unfailingly and repeatedly causes this, regardless of computer used, I'd be happy to confirm it and copy it over.
#2 Updated by Ted almost 8 years ago
- Platform Windows added
Another piece of documentation that would be highly useful would be your output or player log. I would be surprised if many errors were being printed out due to this.
Also, could you elaborate on your system specifications (OS should be enough) and the settings that you're running KSP on?
#3 Updated by Padarom almost 8 years ago
I'm using Windows 8 64bit. Following settings apply to my game:
Terrain Details: Default
SM3 Terrain Shaders enabled
Scatter Density: 50%
Render Quality Level: fantastic
Texture Quality: Full Res
Fallback part shaders: False
Aerodynamic FX Quality: Normal
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Full Screen: True
V Sync: Every VBlank
Frame Limit: 120FPS
Pixel Light Count: 8
Shadow Cascades: 4
#4 Updated by jooxbox over 7 years ago
- File Screen shot 2013-05-22 at 7.11.17 PM.png added
- Status changed from New to Confirmed
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
I have this exact same bug.
I notice it happens sometimes when I switch to map view. After I switch back, the blue halo is there instead of the ground.
My Log file is here: http://justpaste.it/2opf
I am attaching a picture.
I currently have MechJeb installed, but I had this issue before that.
I am on Mac OS X 10.6 and using version 0.19.1.