Project

General

Profile

Bug #20783

Frozen Part List

Added by GreekYogurt_OG 5 months ago. Updated 4 months ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Low
Assignee:
-
Category:
Controls and UI
Target version:
-
Start date:
01/02/2019
% Done:

0%

Version:
Platform:
Linux, OSX, Windows
Expansion:
Core Game
Language:
English (US)
Votes:
Arrow u r green
Arrow d r red

Description

So shortly after downloading 1.6, I've had this problem with the part list. The parts in the list remain the same, and nothing I will click will revert the part list to the correct category. It only happens after I open advanced mode and open a category up. To me, this is a very large issue, because it refrains me from building anything at all.

So far, it only happened when I placed a command pod, but it's fairly annoying. I have a few mods installed, too. Airplane Plus, BD armory, TweakScale, and Infernal Robotics.

I can't recall if it also happens on Windows or any other platforms, because I only have a Mac.

History

#1 Updated by GreekYogurt_OG 5 months ago

So shortly after downloading 1.6, I've had this problem with the part list. The parts in the list remain the same, and nothing I will click will revert the part list to the correct category. It only happens after I open advanced mode and open a category up. To me, this is a very large issue, because it refrains me from building anything at all. But it's fairly annoying. I have a few mods installed, too. Airplane Plus, BD armory, TweakScale, and Infernal Robotics.

I can't recall if it also happens on Windows or any other platforms, because I only have a Mac.

#2 Updated by 4x4cheesecake 5 months ago

This seem to happen as soon as a part config doesn't cointain a valid entry for the 'bulkheadProfiles'.
Every stock part got this entry but not every mod part so this might be redirected to mod creators. On the other hand, it would be nice if the game can handle this exception without having the part list stuck on the cross section profile.

#3 Updated by GreekYogurt_OG 5 months ago

4x4cheesecake wrote:

This seem to happen as soon as a part config doesn't cointain a valid entry for the 'bulkheadProfiles'.
Every stock part got this entry but not every mod part so this might be redirected to mod creators. On the other hand, it would be nice if the game can handle this exception without having the part list stuck on the cross section profile.

I knew nothing about this. I'm just some guy who builds crazy stuff, and knows nothing about 'bulkheadProfiles' or any of that. Thanks for informing me.

#4 Updated by 4x4cheesecake 4 months ago

  • Platform Linux, Windows added

GreekYogurt_OG wrote:

I knew nothing about this. I'm just some guy who builds crazy stuff, and knows nothing about 'bulkheadProfiles' or any of that. Thanks for informing me.

It's more about adding informations for SQUAD so they can track down the culprit of the issue ;)
But if you are interested in a quick and dirty solution for yourself, you can take a look into this forum post, where I've posted a workaround (it is not very accurate but easy^^): https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/181078-vab-category-fail/&do=findComment&comment=3517556

#5 Updated by GreekYogurt_OG 4 months ago

Cheesecake, I love the help, but I hate to bear bad news. It hasn't been working, but I found something out. The problem only occurs, or at least as I can see, when you click on the thermal or ablation tab. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it can be fixed quickly by starting the flight then reverting to the VAB. Something might be wrong in the thermal or ablation tab, so I hope you don't mind trying to search through the CFGs.

#6 Updated by 4x4cheesecake 4 months ago

GreekYogurt_OG wrote:

Cheesecake, I love the help, but I hate to bear bad news. It hasn't been working, but I found something out. The problem only occurs, or at least as I can see, when you click on the thermal or ablation tab. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it can be fixed quickly by starting the flight then reverting to the VAB. Something might be wrong in the thermal or ablation tab, so I hope you don't mind trying to search through the CFGs.

Do you mind if we take over the discussion to the forum (the linked thread). It would be more convenient and we can still post the results here.
I need a log file to do some futher investigations because I cannot replicate this issue in the ablator/thermal tab.

Also available in: Atom PDF