Incorrect variable values in CommLink instances
Stock KSP 1.2.1 64-bit & 32-bit, clean installed, resided outside Steam for mod development.
Mods: an optional demonstration DLL to read CommLink values (attached Simple.cs)
All of the CommLink instances in CommNetNetwork.Instance.CommNet.Links have two incorrect values of the signalStrength and hopType variables. (attached incorrect_values.png)
Reproduction steps (in a debug mode):
1) Launch KSP and create a new save (preferably, Sandbox)
2) Build a direct antenna and some solar panels on a probe in VAB (attached craft.png)
3) Launch and inspect the particular variables mentioned
1) signalStrength variable is in [0.0, 1.0]
2) hopType variable is HopType.Home (the direct antenna to KSC)
1) signalStrength variable exceeds 1.0, almost matched to the cost variable
2) hopType variable is HopType.Relay (always HopType.Relay)
1) I can't reproduce this reliably but the cost variable of a CommLink instance is sometimes zero despite the visible distance is non-trivial.