Project

General

Profile

Bug #12866

Can't commit over 70%

Added by orcaman98 almost 3 years ago. Updated 7 days ago.

Status:
Updated
Priority:
Low
Assignee:
-
Category:
Gameplay
Target version:
-
Start date:
10/07/2016
% Done:

10%

Version:
Platform:
Windows
Expansion:
Core Game
Language:
English (US)
Votes:
Arrow u r green
Arrow d r red

Description

I have "Open-Source Tech Program" active at 30% commitment, and want to activate "Patents Licensing" for the other 70%, but it won't let me commit more than 40% to it, objecting that it would be over 100% of my science. Only have Kerbal Alarm Clock and Asteroid Day, tried again with KAC removed on the same save file and had the same result. I'm also having problems with the screen flickering as with Bug #9365

Anyone having this problem with a never-modded game? I looked at KSP.log and it didn't seem to say anything relevant. Anything else I could check or upload?

KSP ver 1.1.3x64 Windows x64

share of Science.jpg (400 KB) share of Science.jpg 555-555-0199@example.com orcaman98, 10/07/2016 03:32 AM
25179

History

#1 Updated by orcaman98 almost 3 years ago

Okay, went and did it with a fresh save. Still happened.

#2 Updated by Robert.Keech about 2 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Not a Bug

Open source Tech program takes 30% science gains from contracts and 30% science gains from field work, those added together = 60%, which correctly leaves 40% science commitment left over

#3 Updated by orcaman98 7 days ago

  • Status changed from Not a Bug to Updated
  • % Done changed from 0 to 10
  • Expansion Core Game added

Are you serious? Nothing about that says that they're added together, nor does that make any sense. Both types of contract specify the percentage from each type of research, separately.
You've got ten apples and ten oranges on a table, and you pick up three of each. You may be holding six fruit, but there's still seven of each on the table.

#4 Updated by arctangent 7 days ago

By that logic it should be impossible to activate open source tech program over 50% as 50% from each is 100%. This is clearly not the case.

Also available in: Atom PDF